2020 - 2021 Automatic and "Second" Cuts WPIAL Qualifiers
Names highlighted in yellow are automatic qualifiers. Please note that the list is unofficial and generated manually from meet results. Always check with Coach for the official list. If you are not on this list please let me know so that I may add your name.
2020-2021 WPIAL Qualifying Standards
|200 Medley Relay||1:40.00||1:49.50||1:51.50||1:57.50|
|200 Individual Medley||1:59.70||2:08.00||2:12.50||2:18.50|
|200 Freestyle Relay||1:30.40||1:37.00||1:41.00||1:45.00|
|400 Freestyle Relay||3:18.00||3:34.00||3:41.40||3:53.50|
|1 m diving (6 dives)||9.7/175||9.7/190|
2020 - 2021 WPIAL
2020/2021 WPIAL BOYS/GIRLS SWIMMING SCHEDULE (WPIAL document 1-12-2021)
WPIAL SWIMMING AND DIVING CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING STANDARDS
- .ALL SCHOOLS WISHING TO ENTER INDIVIDUAL SWIMMING AND DIVING OR RELAY QUALIFIERS INTO THE WPIAL CHAMPIONSHIP MEET ARE REQUIRED TO ADHERE TO THE MEET ENTRY PROCEDURES DEFINED IN THE ENTRY PROCEDURES ADDENDUM ATTACHED TO THIS SCHEDULE.
a minimum of ten (10)and can complete a maximum of eighteen (18) competitions (this includes all last-ditch qualifier meets) prior to the established deadline (#6 below), to be eligible to score team points at the WPIAL or PIAA Championships. As a reminder, last chance meets count against your meet totals.
- Please be advised that Double Dual Meets - where 3 teams and 3 scores are kept - count as 2 meets for each team. All other meets with 4 or more teams count as 1 meet. 4. Individuals must have been in uniform and available at 75% of the team contests to be eligible for post-season competition. (Please reference PIAA By-Law Article IX, Section 5.)
- To automatically qualify for the WPIAL Swimming Championship, a swimmer must achieve the automatic qualifying standard as established by the WPIAL as outlined below. This time must be met in a WPIAL dual or invitational qualifying meet that is scored, follows consistent entry procedures, uses electronic timing with back-up and is observed and verified by a registered PIAA official. Relay qualifying standards must be achieved as a relay. Heats for championship races will be expanded as far as facility limits will allow, and the committee deems appropriate, with the next fastest times after the automatic times have been included.
- All invitational-qualifying meets must be scheduled and completed no later than Saturday, February 20, 2021. Schools can schedule meets after February 20, 2021, but times achieved will not count towards qualifying for the WPIAL Championship meet.
- The time submitted for WPIAL entry may not be a deck time, practice time, time trial time, aggregate or composite time. The time must have been achieved and reported according to the Entry Procedures Addendum included at the end of this document.