USC Boys Varsity Swim and Dive Team is Runner-up at 2022 WPIAL While USC Girls Varsity Swim and Dive Team Finishes 5th.
At the beginning of the 21-22 season, Coach Schraven and his coaching staff set the season’s goal for the boys and girls team: the boys to finish at least as runner up at WPIAL and the girls finish in the top five. And both teams did just that. Both teams swam exceptionally well on March 3 and 4 during the WPIAL Swimming Championship at Joe C. Trees Pool at the University of Pittsburgh.
Congratulations to our WPIAL champions: sophomore Kaitlyn Connors won the 100 Free and senior Ganesh Sivaramakrishnan won the 100 Butterfly and 100 Backstroke. Kaitlyn also finished second in the 200 Free. Six senior boys and three sophomore girls medaled in at least one individual event. For the boys, Will Perham finished 2nd in the 100 Breast. Ryan Senchyshak placed 3rd in the 500 free and 5th in the 100 Free. Andrew White dropped the biggest time from his seed times and was 5th in both 200 IM and 500 Free. Daniel Wang, finished 6th in the 100 Back and 7th in the 50 Free. Ethan Neal placed 8th in the 100 Back. For the girls, Amanda Aidar was 3rd in the 100 Fly and 5th in the 200 IM. Kendell Drew, a first time WPIAL qualifier, finished 7th in the 100 Back. Contributing points to the team are the top sixteen finishers: senior Rachel Fibbi finished 15th in the 500 Free, Ethan Neal was 9th in 100 Back, Will Perham placed 13th in the 200 IM, junior Colby Bernard placed 13th in the 100 Fly and. sophomore Whit Burns placed 15th in the 100 Breast.
Our relay teams performed exceptionally well. Both girls and boys teams finished 2nd in the 200 Free Relay. The girls’ team comprised of Kaitlyn Connors, Freja Kile, Kendell Drew, and Amanda Aidar. The boys’ team consisted of Daniel Wang, Ganesh Sivaramakrishnan, Andrew White, and Ryan Senchyshak. Likewise, both girls’ and boys’ team placed 4th in the 400 Free Relay. The girls’ team members are: Amanda Aidar, Freja Kile, Kendell Drew, and Kaitlyn Connors. The boys’ team comprised of Andrew White, Ethan Neal, Matvey Zoukovski, and Ganesh Sivaramakrishnan. The boys 200 Medley Relay team of Daniel Wang, Will Perham, Ethan Neal, and Ryan Senchyshak finished 3rd
There were fourteen boys and five girls that qualified in the individual events and they all swam best times. It is noteworthy to mention our first timers swimming at WPIAL (some made the second cuts in 2021, but due to limited number of swimmers to compete, they were unable to swim): juniors Colby Bernard, Alex Petkov, and Matvey Zoukovski; sophomores Whit Burns, Kendell Drew, Matthew Fibbi, Freja Kile, Pavel Shabanow, and Max Shipley; freshman Liam Tomb. We also have our first time relay swimmers: freshman Maren Davis and sophomore Evie Sullivan. Congratulations to all on a very successful WPIAL.
- Kaitlyn Connors: WPIAL Champion 100 Free, 2nd Place 200 Free
- Amanda Aidar: 3rd Place 100 butterfly, 5th Place 200 IM
- Kendell Drew: 7th Place 100 Backstroke. 18th Place 50 Free
- Rachel Fibbi: 15th Place 500 Free
- Freja Kile: 21st Place 200 Free
Results Girls Relay:
- Kaitlyn Connors, Freja Kile, Kendell Drew, and Amanda Aidar: 2nd Place 200 Free Relay
- Amanda Aidar, Freja Kile, Kendell Drew, and Kaitlyn Connors: 4th Place 400 Free Relay
- Maren Davis, Evie Sullivan, Sarina Krishnaswamy, and Rachel Fibbi: 18th Place 200 Medley Relay
- Ganesh Sivaramakrishnan: WPIAL Champion 100 Butterfly, WPIAL Champion 100 Backstroke
- Will Perham: 2nd Place 100 Breaststroke, 13th Place 200IM
- Ryan Senchyshak: 3rd Place 50 Free, 5th Place 100 Free
- Andrew White: 5th Place 200 IM, 5th Place 500 Free
- Daniel Wang: 6th Place 100 Backstroke, 7th Place 50 Free
- Ethan Neal: 8th Place 100 Butterfly, 9th Place 100 Backstroke
- Colby Bernard: 13th Place 100 Butterfly
- Whit Burns: 15th Place Place 100 Breaststroke
- Max Shipley: 17th Place 200 Free, 19th Place 500 Free
- Pavel Shabanow: 21st Place 200 IM
- Matvey Zoukovski: 21st Place 50 Free, 22nd Place 100 Free
- Liam Tomb: 21st Place 100 Breaststroke
- Alex Petkov: 24th Place 100 Breaststroke
- Matthew Fibbi: 25th Place 500 Free, 30th Place 200 Free
Results Boys Relay:
- Daniel Wang, Ganesh Sivaramakrishnan, Andrew White, and Ryan Senchyshak: 2nd Place 200 Free Relay
- Daniel Wang, Will Perham, Ethan Neal, and Ryan Senchyshak: 3rd Place 200 Medley Relay
- Andrew White, Ethan Neal, Matvey Zoukovski, and Ganesh Sivaramakrishnan: 4th Place 400 Free Relay