USC vs South Fayette Swimming and Diving Recap
The Boys and Girls Swimming and Diving teams both raised their records to 5-1 on the season with convincing wins Wednesday night over South Fayette at the USC high school natatorium.
The meet got off to a great start with all of the Panthers’ divers registering season-high scores. The girls swept the top 4 spots, led by Senior Addison Burnette with 212 points. She was followed by Freshmen Bella Meyer (172.35) and Delaney Burnette (170.25). Senior Mia Foster was right behind with 163.40. On the boys side, it was a very tight competition with the top 3 boys separated by less than a point. Fortunately, the Panthers came out on top with Sophomore Kobe Yuyi taking first place with a score of 151.70, followed closely by Junior Carter Richie in second with a score of 150.85. Great job to all of our divers!
Once the swimming portion of the competition started, the Panthers kept the ball rolling with victories in most of the swimming events. For the girls, event winners included:
- 200 medley relay (Kendell Drew, Blaire Gillespie, Amanda Aidar, Freja Kile)
- 200 free relay (Blaire Gillespie, Kendell Drew, Freja Kile, Kaitlyn Connors)
- Kaitlyn Connors – 200 free and 100 back
- Amanda Aidar – 200 IM and 100 breast
- Kendell Drew – 50 free
- Freja Kile – 100 free
The boys event winners were:
- 200 medley relay (Colby Bernard, Griffin Tomsheck, Max Shipley, Ben Whiteford)
- 200 free relay (Pavel Schabanow, Hasan Alhajhusain, Max Shipley, Matvey Zoukovski)
- 400 free relay (Max Shipley, Colby Bernard, Whit Burns, Nazar Zoukovski)
- Nazar Zoukovski – 200 free
- Whit Burns – 200 IM
- Griffin Tomsheck – 50 free
- Matvey Zoukovski – 100 fly
- Max Shipley – 100 free
- Colby Bernard – 500 free
- Ben Whiteford – 100 breast
The teams’ next meet is Thursday, January 26th versus section rival Bethel Park at Bethel Park High School.